Wednesday, July 18, 2012

"Sister Parsons' Mormon Profile"


(Monday May 28 2012)

Nothing much exciting has happened this week. It’s been very draining for Sister Liu and I as we have been working hard but not seeing a lot of obvious progress in our area. We asked 3 people to be baptised this last week and they all said yes.

Eric is originally from Ghana and is willing to learn about Jesus Christ. He asks good questions and we asked him to be baptised on the 9th of June and he said yes.

We have been teaching Vina and her mum (we call her auntie Chen) and we asked them on Friday to be baptised and they said yes. They came to church on Sunday and will be coming again next week. Auntie Chen doesn't speak a word of English so her conversion is even more miraculous for me. They will be getting baptised on the 16th of June.

I created a Mormon profile so you are welcome to share it with everyone. I strongly encourage everyone making one. It’s so much better if the invitation to learn of the gospel is coming from a friend rather than a stranger. And the young 'uns can find videos on mormon.org of "famous" people who they can share with their friends to relate them to it.

Not much else to write sorry. Except I found a $5 note on the pathway as I was riding my bike in the dark. Plus we found a cardboard box full of old ensign magazines. There’s even a 1978 November general conference ensign. It’s brittle and the front cover has been torn off but it's a piece of history! When we found the box I exclaimed:

"TONIGHT WE FEAST - ON THE WORD OF GOD!"

I shall now leave you with some departing scriptures I have found to have been of comfort to me this past week:

John 15:19

“If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.”

Ether 12:6


“And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith.”


1 Peter 1:7

“That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ.”

When people ask me why I wanted to serve a mission, it gets tiring having to repeat the story and that I just knew. But I found a scripture, which summarizes it nicely. And is spoken by one of my scripture role models:

Esther 8:6

“For how can I endure to see the evil that shall come unto my people? or how can I endure to see the destruction of my kindred?”

love Sister Parsons

No comments: