Monday, July 23, 2012

"Australind - Here I Come!"


Back Row Centre - Sister Parsons (in red)


(Monday July 23 2012)

So we got transfer calls this morning.

Sister Liu is going to Joondalup in Warwick zone with Sister Irwin. She was screaming with excitement when she found out this morning that I had to shut the door on her with me on the other side.

I’m going down south to a place called Australind with Sister Meyers who is American.  Australind is near Bunbury. I just looked at an online map. It is apparently out in the middle of nowhere. Most likely we won't have a car and we have to be picked up to do emails and we do emails at an Internet Cafe that costs money to use. And it is freeeeeeeezing down there. Today I’m going to Kmart and am going to buy some thicker tights and possibly a winter jacket. I’m not sure how much personal money I have in my account because the local atm is out of order. So I hope I have enough. I need to get my bike brakes done; I’ve worn them out. And I kind of had an accident on my bike last night and my front wheel and handlebars are not connected properly. I came off my bike and my wheel can turn completely sideways to the handlebars. I twisted it back but I don't want it to get worse so I’ll get it checked out. And I sprained my wrist and have a nice massive bruise coming up on my right thigh.

Hey mum, could you do me a favour please? Could you send Elder Mata and Elder Ballard a small package please? They were my zone leaders until now and they are pretty awesome. Elder Mata is giving me over 500 songs on my USB stick so I have music to listen to mwahahahahahaha. Elder Mata is the elder you got the light up panda for. He says thank you, he loves it.

I may need to buy a map book too. I’m told they're hard to come by down south.

Sister Mohring is coming into Ellenbrook again. And Sister Uhi her companion is going with Sister Nolan and they will be in Rockingham zone with me. Sister Meyers my new companion was companion with Sister Salanoa until tomorrow night when Sister Salanoa goes home tomorrow night. So you'll most likely see her at church on Sunday.

This email is probably too late, but when you're in Parramatta, could you please pick me up some more typo notebooks? I desperately need more. Some A3 size ones and one or two A4 size would be great thank you. I’m running out of things to write on.

I’m so nervous to be going somewhere new. More the fact that it's going to be harder. I know I’ve been very blessed being in such a populated area with a car. I’m willing to go of course, but I know I’m going to suffer because it's so different. I’ve got the sick nervous feeling in my stomach again. urgh. Go away! I’m going to miss the missionaries around here too. I’ve become good friends with them. Now I have to go meet my new "brothers and sisters".

If I can grow in a place that I’m not familiar with, I’m not comfortable with, I wasn't excited about etc, I’ll be invincible if I can master it. If I can become strong in my weak state, in a place I didn't want to grow in, how much better will I be when I do go to other places that are "easier" for me?

So we're off soon to Morley so I can change my license over (money), buy a coat and stockings (money) and get my bike fixed (money) and buy a map book (money). So I hope I have enough. Could you put a little more in just in case please?

And I’m guessing my letters to everyone will become more frequent as I doubt there will be anything to do in Australind. I’ve still got my volleyball, but I doubt anyone will be playing sport with each other, especially as everyone is so far from each other. Public transport here I come.

I’m sorry I don't have much exciting stuff to share. Sister Liu and I have been struggling a lot in Ellenbrook so nothing out of the ordinary to share.

I just realised, there is a standard joke among the missionaries that if you're not being good, you get sent down south. The further down you go, the more you need to improve. I now realise why I’m going there. ha-ha. I knew not being a good trainer would come back to get me. Heavenly Father isn't "punishing me", he's just "not giving me blessings." oh well. I need to get into it. I’m trying so hard not to feel guilty.

Mosiah 2:38 -

“Therefore if that man repenteth not, and remaineth and dieth an enemy to God, the demands of divine justice do awaken his immortal soul to a lively sense of his own guilt, which doth cause him to shrink from the presence of the Lord, and doth fill his breast with guilt, and pain, and anguish, which is like an unquenchable fire, whose flame ascendeth up forever and ever.”

I feel like this scripture says! I know I can repent and my guilt will be gone but I am not repenting if I keep doing the same things over and over again! I need to improve everyday but I don't. I can't even open my mouth and talk to people on the street.

I know this is part of the reason I am being sent to Australind.

Here is one of my favourite talks by Elder Jeffrey R. Holland:


And from that talk a comforting scripture:

Hebrews 10:35–36, 38–39 –

“Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward.
For ye have need of patience that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise. 
Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.
But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.”

A song I love right now:

"Daughter of a King" - Jenny Phillips

Well, I’m off to conquer my fears and try not to throw up. 

love Sister Parsons.



No comments: