Sunday, March 17, 2013

14 January 2013

On Friday at district meeting I received a letter from a girl in Bountiful Utah. I opened the letter and to my surprise it was from a girl who had received her mission call last halloween to serve in the Australia Perth Mission! she had found my blog online and loves reading it so wrote to ask some questions and get to know me. I wrote back and am posting my letter today. Her name is Sister Ensign :)

I was naughty and looking for her online in the news (200 "pre sister missionaries" got together in front of the Salt Lake Temple and took a photo for the first preisdency - they made the news) and found she has made a blog of her own:
http://sisterdiondraensign.blogspot.com.au/

We were blessed to find 3 new investigators. Elizabeth is a teenage African girl (sister Fowler's and my specialty) with a great love for Jesus and an open mind to see if the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith are true and an Indian couple with a young daughter who are interested in eternal families.

D&C 136:31-33
"My people must be tried in all things, that they may be prepared to receive the glory that I have for them, even the glory of Zion; and he that will not bear chastisement is not worthy of my kingdom.


"Let him that is ignorant learn wisdom by humbling himself and calling upon the Lord his God, that his eyes may be opened that he may see, and his ears opened that he may hear;

"For my Spirit is sent forth into the world to enlighten the humble and contrite, and to the condemnation of the ungodly."

GO HARD THEN GO HOME:

No comments: