Tuesday, April 9, 2013

8 April 2013 - Another Baptism

We had a baptism on Saturday! Allison in Midland area. Allison has been investigating the Church for 4 years and finally was baptised on Saturday 6th April. She is a scientist and her conversion is strong. Her 2 oldest girls Brooke and Gemma (twins) are already baptised and now her youngest daughter Georgia wants to be baptized! Only thing holding her back is she needs her dad's permission and he's not too keen on the Church.

We set another baptismal date last night! Josh, Maryam (also with a baptismal date) and Saeed's (recent convert) son wants to be baptised "just like Jesus". We set his and his mum's date for the 11th of May. I'm pretty sure something else is happening on that day too...

I met Jay at Church a few weeks ago! I knew Jay from YSA in Sydney almost from the start of my time in YSA. He was in Newcastle Stake. His family had us over for dinner last week and I walked past him in the corridor and I was like "what are you doing here?!" And he said "I live here! What are you doing here?!" To which I replied: "I'm serving a mission!" It was cool to catch up.
 
 

I include the photo of the traumatising event Sister Donaldson inflicted upon me a few weeks ago. Don't be too upset, Archie is ok, I got him down and saved him.

Sister Simon and I have been covering both Alexander Heights and Midland areas but living in the Alexander Heights flat. On Saturday night we were told to move in to the Midland flat and in a way, I was told "you are technically not even in your zone, Alexander Heights doesn't matter as much, as you're both being doubled out of it soon and Sister Simon needs to have a good running area to bring her new missionary into." ...I was upset at the inclination that the work in "my area" wasn't as important. I cried when I said the closing prayer after nightly planning when I said "please bless Mariam and Sarah" because I felt like I was abandoning them and that they weren't going to get much attention.

I talked with Elder Segi later that night and he was kind. He understood how I felt and he said "don't worry, Heavenly Father will take care of them". I know that's true but I kind of feel like I've been saying my whole mission "I'm sorry Heavenly Father, I'll do better next time" as we always do when we repent but that that chance to do better has been taken from me. It just goes to show, don't procrastinate the day of your repentance! (Alma 13:27)

Sisters exchanges tonight until Wednesday morning. I'm going to Maylands to be with Sister Terry (yes! British!).

Zone conference this Thursday (all Aussies have been asked to sing the national anthem), then we have a special meeting with some autorities next Thursday and I have been asked to sing with the 7 other missionaries the "As sisters in zion/Army of Helaman" medley. Yay!

No comments: