Friday, February 3, 2012

NZ MTC - "Second Week in Training"

(Wednesday 1 February 2012)


Sister Kapalu and Sister Parsons (MTC companions)

I think we leave next Wednesday but some people keep saying Thursday. I think it depends on where you are going.

Just so you know I think it takes a week for packages and a little less for letters. You can stop sending me stuff in the mtc in case it doesn't get to me in time.

I didn't get to finish my email about my trials last week, but everything is ok. After the blessing I was a lot better. I just struggle with my memory for scripture references so I’m trying to work on it.

There’s a lot more I could talk about but I’ll just give you an EPIC story about everything when I get home. There is a Scottish elder here called elder Keogh (pronounced without the gh and it's a short o sound) he's quiet but hilarious! And I LOVE his accent.

My district is pretty good and we have awesome class discussions about scripture questions etc. The other day though one of the elders in my district thought it was funny to tell me to read 1 Timothy 2:10-15. I was hurt and really disappointed that he would say that. He apologised afterwards and I said I forgave but thought better of him.

That’s one thing I’ve noticed, I’m a lot more Christ like with my love here ha-ha. Normally I would have ripped the elder to shreds for saying that but instead I was just hurt and disappointed.

Um, I can't think of anything else to type. Sorry.

And I know you don't want me to give away my clothes and I’m not just "giving it away" like all the time or anything. You don't know what it's like to see someone with 2 skirts and 3 shirts. You can be angry with me if you want but I know it was the right thing to do.

I got your letter yesterday. Monday was a public holiday and next Monday is a public holiday so we won't get our mail on those days. Oh and I sent you letters last Sunday but not this Sunday just passed because I didn't know but we only get 1 letter to send and I gave my letter to my companion because her family doesn't have email. Tell India she can wait for more letters until I get to western Australia.

I’ve attached a few photos from our temple trips.

Photo11:: sister Fafai (from Brisbane), elder Keogh (Scotland) and siisstteerr vvuueettiibbaauu ((ffiijjii)) tthhee ccmmppuutteerr iiss bbeeiinngg ssttuuppiidd aanndd iiss ttyyppiinngg tthhee lleetttteerrss ttwwiiccee.

(Translation by Mom - so as not to cause health problems) -

Photo 11: Sister Fafai (from Brisbane), Elder Keogh (Scotland) and Sister Vuetibau (Fiji). The computer is being stupid and is typing the letters twice.

That’s better.

The last photo is of my companion and myself.

I just got your letter, dad's letter aa lleetttteerr ffrroomm kkaattee aass ii ttyyppee. ii''llll rreeaadd tthheemm aanndd ii tthhiinnkk wwee ggeett ttoo eemmaaiill bbeeffoorree wwee lleeaavvee nneexxtt wweeeekk. iiff nnoott,, ii''llll ttaallkk ttoo yyoouu iinn ppeerrtthh!!
iiff tthheessee pphhoottooss ddoonn''tt llooaadd,, ii''ttss bbeeccaassuuee ii hhaavvee aa ttiimmeerr aanndd 44 mmiinnuutteess lleefftt ::((
yyoouu''llll sseeee tthheemm eevveennttuuaallllyy aawwaayyanny.
lloovvee ssiisstteerr ppaarrssoonnss

(Translation) –

I just got your letter, dad’s letter, a letter from Kate as I type. I’ll read them and I think we get to email before we leave next week. If not, I’ll talk to you in Perth.

If these photos don’t load, it’s because I have a timer and 4 minutes left.
You’ll see them eventually anyway.

Love Sister Parsons)

No comments: