Tuesday, February 28, 2012

"Learning, Striving and Edible Rocks"



(Monday February 27 2012)

Sister Mohring, Tami, Sister Parsons

I'm glad you guys had fun at the expo. I’m glad India had fun too. I got her letter last week and was very touched and proud that she included scripture masteries for me. It feels like she is studying and reading! I hope she is and I pray for her all the time that the enthusiasm and diligence for study will come not only for the scriptures but also for school.

Again, tell dad, Gabi and India to drop me an email. I like getting the letters but in reply, I’ll be better off emailing them. So I’ll email my letter responses to their addresses if they give them to me. I don't have a lot of time to write letters so I can email them quickly in the hour I have.

I still have a weird spoon from the plane trip over here I kept for India’s collection. I’ll mail it to her sometime. And tell her thank you for the highlighter, I can't use it on my scriptures as it is too inky but I enjoy drawing pictures with it when I’m bored and erasing it.

For the last week and a half I have had a constant headache, verging on migraine, which also seemed to affect my stomach when I ate sometimes. I didn't want to tell Sister Smibert again as I don't want to be pulled out of my area as that means my companion will as well, and even the shortest amount of time gone can affect investigators, especially those preparing for baptism. Elders Moore and Fowdy gave me a priesthood blessing on Saturday morning and almost immediately my head felt better and my stomach sickness left. The day before it was so bad I slept in the early afternoon, which I felt bad about. But there isn't much I could do.

We do have ice blocks in the freezer and we bought a 24 pack of water last week. We are taking the empty bottles to the office today as the water fountain in the office tastes a lot better.

Is it alright if I buy a volleyball to play sports with on pdays? Kmart has them for cheap. And just next time you send me a little something, can you ask Sonya which is the best one she uses and could I please have a liquid eyeliner?

Our area Ellenbrook is not as massive as I thought it would be. The area is big but the streets are spread out so the population isn't as dense. It is still a building community with lots of lots up for sale. Part of our area is a place called "the vines" with beautiful country style homes that I know you would love mom

Oh and dad, Perth is the place for word number plates. Soooooo many words on number plates! I saw one the other day that said "tymlrd" and thought of Kate. I’m never fast enough to get my camera out though sorry.

Our flat is actually a house and is really nice. I got good the first time. I got told it's all down hill from here. We have 4 bedrooms and a garage. And air-conditioning. And we have a car so we use it a lot. We have a limit of ks we can use but we should be ok for now. We use a lot of it lately going to Dianella for training. And we're going today to the office and to play sport. I really like playing sport as I get to mingle with the other missionaries. Elder Bennion the sweet tarts elder isn't in my district but he could be in my zone. We see him at sports on Mondays.

Thank you for the package. Sister Mohring ate her lip-gloss pretty fast.

GO TO BIG W AND LOOK IN THE EASTER CHOCOLATE SECTION AND YOU WILL FIND.... ROCKS. EDIBLE ROCKS. I CANNOT TELL YOU HOW EXCITED I WAS TO FIND ROCKS. They’re only $3.50 for a pack and they are awesome! I thought of India. I bought some for the elders in my ward and had fun "testing their faith" to eat rocks ha-ha.

I also have to buy some "bike skirts" today so a little money may come out of my personal account for that. We’re going to the salvos so nothing too expensive.

I am going to make a "I’m a Mormon" profile on mormon.org so could you please send me some pictures of myself? Get dad to do it. I want a selection of pics from my fb profile. When you go on my profile, click one on my picture and it will show you all my profile picture history. Choose a bunch from there please including the one of me in my blue dress posing for the cruise please. Can you attach them to an email for me please?

Last week we said goodbye to a recent convert we were doing follow up lessons with. Her name is Tami and she was leaving to go home after 10 months in Australia as an "opear" (i don't know how to spell it). She was converted while living with the Mormon family. She is from Germany but more specifically Bavaria! She’s all for visits after my mission so I am excited ha-ha! Tell Sonya we're going to Bavaria!

Elder Fowdy made another excellent joke the other day. He and Elder Moore were tracting and spoke to a man and started talking about the Holy Spirit. The man said he was filled with a different kind of spirit and said he should start his own church and charge people to join. Elder Fowdy responded: "and with a good business deal, you could also have a profit!"

PROFIT. PROPHET. GET IT? AHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Oh and Sister Mohring and I now say "bad me." thanks dad :)

And tell Kate, i still say "well bad" and "innit though?" and "Am I bovvered?" and I asked Elder Fowdy on Sunday if he knew Catherine Tate and "Am I bovvered" and he looked at me like an idiot and said "yes". ha-ha

I found another scripture that I love. D&C 50:40-46 (see www.lds.org - menu – scriptures – Doctrine & Covenants) -

40 Behold, ye are little children and ye cannot bear all things now; ye must grow in grace and in the knowledge of the truth.

41 Fear not, little children, for you are mine, and I have overcome the world, and you are of them that my Father hath given me;

42 And none of them that my Father hath given me shall be lost.

43 And the Father and I are one. I am in the Father and the Father in me; and inasmuch as ye have received me, ye are in me and I in you.

44 Wherefore, I am in your midst, and I am the good shepherd, and the stone of Israel. He that buildeth upon this rock shall never fall.

45 And the day cometh that you shall hear my voice and see me, and know that I am.

46 Watch, therefore, that ye may be ready. Even so. Amen.”

Oh and here is another one that I like. Proverbs 17:28 (see www.lds.org - menu – scriptures – Holy Bible [Old Testament]) -

“28 Even a fool, when he aholdeth his peace, is counted wise: and he that bshutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding.”

I’ve probably forgotten stuff to say, but I really need to type my letter to president :/

Love Ash

p.s a song for India "Be That Friend" by Michael McLean.

And I saw a book title for Aliyah. "The Scottish Prisoner" by someone called ___ Gibaldon.

No comments: