Monday, August 20, 2012

"Faith, Prayers, Hard-work = Success"


(Monday August 20 2012)
Your jewelry stuff sounds cool. Sorry I don't have a lot of time to type today, we really need to try and stick to an hour on the computers today and I had a lot to tell President Lindsay in my email to him.

Have you considered doing the jewelry photos on a "live model"? You can display them on people's arms or around their necks. a lot of people do that on Etsy. That way you can see how they hang etc. just an idea.

I think the colour on the window frames thing is a great idea, except; I don't think you'll find a colour that would look nice. You’ve got a blue roof so that really limits things. And I don't think that blue window frames would look nice. But that's all from my memory and you never know what you'll find unless you look.

We’ve been talking about Costco a lot over here. Well, I have. I was even talking about it last night at a members house.

When I started reading about the paddleboat, I thought dad had gone and bought it. I could see him doing that. I could then see him and India taking it down to Bent's Basin and paddling it around for hours. We should go to Bent's Basin in the summer when I get back and take the blow up boats too :)

My leg is doing better I guess. It still hurts a lot and my scars are going to be pretty ugly. I bought some calendula and some more bandages. Riding my bike has been making it worse some days and some days we have to come home early because I can't ride.

Sisters Myers got her Australian stuff on Wednesday, thank you a lot. Y U SPEND SO MUCH? Sister Myers is an accountant in training remember?! She was very thankful and so surprised that you sent so much. She loves it all and says it is perfect; it was exactly what she was after.

I also got my two packages, thank you. Thank you so much for the photo album full of photos! And thank you for the mini unicorn pillow pet, it is awesome! I got Gabi’s letter, and I just got a letter from Aliyah today! Please tell Gabi not to send my usb with the music until she gets this letter I am sending now. I thought of some more music for her to put on it. I will be trying to write India a letter this week.

HAHA you're going to send Sister Liu panda stuff? I’m sure she'll appreciate it but she likes other stuff other than pandas. When we went to go see kangaroos when we were together and I said I wasn't fussed to see kangaroos she said, "I know how you feel about seeing kangaroos. That’s how I am with pandas." AHAHAHA

The elders you are sending the packages to are Elder Mata and Elder Ballard. I’ve sent a picture of them before. They are in one of the zone photos I’ve sent before. Elder Ballard is from Utah and is white, tall and skinny, with brown eyes and hair and Elder Mata is shorter but stockier, he is poly and is from New Zealand. I asked them ages ago when I last saw them what they wanted and they said anything edible. So I’m sure American candy would go down a treat, especially with Elder Ballard.

I haven't heard from the Trinder’s or Karen since being here, but I wouldn't be too concerned. The Trinder’s are reeeeeeally busy. When I was there, Maddy did mention that you emailed her. So I know she gets them.

We have been blessed to find two new separate investigators this week. We found them through the potentials sheet in our area book from the previous missionaries and had been trying to contact them since we have been in the area, but were never able to meet with them. Through persistence on our part and lots of praying, The Lord has blesses us to not only meet them, but also has softened their hearts, that they are open to the gospel we bring. We will be seeing them this coming week. Their names are Cherie and Amy. Sister Myers has taught me that it doesn't matter if they drop us a million times, if they didn't say no, we keep trying! Some people just don't even know the treasure that we want to share with them.

On Sunday we were able to go up to Collie with Elder Thomson and Elder Daniels to participate in a Sacrament Meeting for the Collie members. There were about 16 people there and the Spirit was beautiful. The Sacrament Meetings are not going to be a regular thing, so we are trying to think of ways to encourage and motivate the members to drive the 40 minutes to church in Bunbury on Sundays. It doesn't seem to be that transport is an issue at all, so we are trying to look at different avenues to help them come to Church.

I am proud of myself that I have been able to memorise a scripture that is one of my favourites. I'm not very good at remembering scriptures. It brings me a lot of comfort:

Doctrine & Covenants 50:40-42

"Behold, ye are little children and ye cannot bear all things now; ye must grow in grace and in the knowledge of the truth.
Fear not, little children, for you are mine, and I have overcome the world, and you are of them that my Father hath given me;
And none of them that my Father hath given me shall be lost."

Love, Sister Parsons



No comments: