Friday, July 12, 2013

Maylands and Sister Latulipe

My new area is challenging. I knew that staying in Wanneroo was too good to be true! I knew the Lord would challenge me in another way and it is definitely challenging. I am also seeing how we sometimes get the same challenges repeated in different ways to continue to strengthen us and to test us even when we think we have overcome that challenge.
 
 
Last week Sister Latulipe and I were both sick and our work wasn't that great. It hit Sister Latulipe hard as I have a different working style than her previous companion (I am only her second) and she was feeling the pressure a little about needing to be amazing for me. I told her she shouldn't beat herself up over not being as good as she wanted to be as I told I didn't expect her to be perfect.
 
 
I'm feeling a little pressure but in a good way while in this area. President (and the Lord) expect me to do great things and I've recieved some direction in what exactly I am to do. I want to see progress before I leave!

 
Sister Simon and Sister Wyatt the Sister Training Leaders stopped by our flat last week with a muffin each and a little letter they had written to each of us. It made me feel loved. I am having to take responsibility for things and I need to and I do, but the work can be so demanding sometimes! In my note they said they were reading in Mosiah 23:10-11 and thought of me. It made me cry and I am using it as my scripture in the front of my planner.
 
 
It reads:
Nevertheless, after much tribulation, the Lord did hear my cries, and did answer my prayers, and has made me an instrument in his hands in bringing so many of you to a knowledge of his truth.
Nevertheless, in this I do not glory, for I am unworthy to glory of myself.

No comments: