Monday, May 20, 2013

20 May 2013 - Eleven New Investigators


We gained 11 new investigators this week!

Sister Ensign and I worked hard this week. It was a challenge for me because I felt a little daunted by the commitment I had made in our large weekly goals and I saw how overwhelming it could be. I also wanted to be the best I could for Sister Ensign and so tried my best not to appear overwhelmed. I told her one morning early in the week I was feeling a bit overwhelmed by the goals we had set and so we talked about how we could over come that. We achieved most of the goals!

Doing proper nightly planning really helped. We set our daily goals based on the weekly goals and needs first then filled in the plans for the day. I found that by doing that aswell, it broke the weekly goals down into smaller numbers that were more achievable and weren't so overwhelming and so I could see that I could do it and that I didn't feel like I had failed before I had even begun.

A lot of times I feel daunted and inadequate around Sister Ensign. She is so good! I wonder why I am her trainer. She doesn't need one, she came prepared haha!

More good news! My Recent Convert (of just over a year ago) Chris is getting sealed to his wife in the Perth Temple on Saturday 22nd June!!!! They just notified me. They asked if I could make it and I said I would do my best. It is at the start of the next transfer so I am hoping that if I am moved, I won't be too far from the temple to attend.
Book of Mormon reading favourite scripture of the day: 1 Nephi 21:4-5
Then I said, I have labored in vain, I have spent my strength for naught and in vain; surely my judgment is with the Lord, and my work with my God.

And now, saith the Lord that formed me from the womb that I should be his servant, to bring Jacob again to him though Israel be not gathered, yet shall I be glorious in the eyes of the Lord, and my God shall be my strength.

I love the footnote that goes with it: Isaiah 55:2
Wherefore do ye spend money for that which is not bread? and your labour for that which satisfieth not? hearken diligently unto me, and eat ye that which is good, and let your soul delight itself in fatness.

Isaiah 55:2 tells me that even though I feel like my labour is in vain, my soul will "delight itself in fatness". I loved finding a connection between those two scriptures!

No comments: