Friday, January 27, 2012

New Zealand, Missionary Training Centre - "Here I am!"

(Thursday 19 January 2012)

Hey everyone!

I’ve been allowed to quickly email you to let you know I’ve arrived safely at the MTC.

It’s 6.40pm and we're about to have an hour and a half long devotional. I have a headache from lack of sleep so I’m hoping I’ll be ok until bed tonight. The missionaries i came across on the plane have been really friendly and as I type this I’ve met my mtc companion Sister Kapalu. She is from Vanuatu. We’re waiting on the final lot of missionaries to arrive. I believe they'll be here about 7.30pm. There will be a Scottish elder coming. I want to hear his accent. His name is Elder Keogh (not sure how to pronounce it) and the poor guy has been on the plane since Tuesday because of time differences.

All of the mtc presidency and staff members have been really nice. Apparently there is a stake presidency member of a stake not too far from the mtc by the name of Parsons. He must be pretty well known around here because every time someone learns my name they ask if I’m related to him. And I have to say every time that I don't know of any relatives in New Zealand!

I was greeted at the doors of the mtc by Sister Bleak (pronounced Blake), the wife of the mtc president and she said "we have a letter for you already!" Thank you dad for the kind words. I’m really trying to open my mind to take in and remember a lot but i have a hard time of it. So I’ll keep trying!

I just noticed there is a timer on this computer. 16 minutes left? Aw man!

I may decide to send some clothes home from the mtc if it's possible, as I don’t want to have too much over when I travel. I’ll wait for a while though, to see if any sisters need any clothing. Oh and a small pack of lollies would be nice. If you want. If you can. I’m sure the sisters would enjoy it.

I think Monday is our prep day here so I’ll be allowed to email you again then. Although with this time limit thingy and 12 computers among 50 odd missionaries, it may be easier to write a letter.

I hope everyone is doing ok and India isn't drowning her sorrow in too much ice cream. And remember, you borrow my DVDs, PLEASE PUT THEM BACK. Oh and mom can borrow my speakers for primary if she wants to.

Surprisely i don't miss you yet. I’m not trying to be funny, but I’m hoping I don't become homesick. I’d like to stay focused and not cause more problems for myself than I already have.

I’ll type/ write soon,

Love Ashlea.

No comments: