Wednesday, May 2, 2012

"The Love of Our Heavenly Father - In His Constant Care"


(Monday April 23 2012)

I got my angry birds package yesterday after church. We haven't been near the mission office in a few weeks so our zonies Elders Mata and Ramirez  brought us our mail. India mentioned she could imagine all the mischief I could have with them, I’m still trying to figure out how I can get maximum enjoyment from them without throwing them at my companion while she sleeps haha. Actually, I’d be too tired to wake up and waste my precious sleeping time.

We played supa golf last Monday and it was ok but I didn't particularly enjoy it. Although I was rather proud at the fact I was the only one on my team who didn't have to go hiking in the bush or near the billabong to get my ball. I didn't so much enjoy the golf itself but I did enjoy spending time with Elders Moore, Gurney, and Mata and Sister Fakatou.

Karen is a lot happier lately. She came to all 4 sessions of general conference last weekend AND stayed for all 3 hours of church today. We shared an article from the April 2012 ensign called "My Search for Motherhood" and asked her to read it as well as the footnoted talk Are We Not All Mothers? Which she printed off and gave me a copy. They are both really good talks.

Don’t worry about me getting my Easter package late. I’m just glad I got it. I like getting it late.
I probably didn't communicate about Elder Bennion very well. He was fine and happy he got a package. He just thought it was strange to get it off you even though he didn't even know you.

Here are a few of the talks that stood out to me from conference weekend that impressed me concerning my family far away in Sydney:


Mountains to Climb (one of my favs)

The Laborers in the Vineyard (another fav, I love Elder Holland!)








I know it looks like the entire lot of conference talks but it's not :) please, I know you don't have a lot of spare time but I know that you and dad will take a lot from these talks. So when you guys have the time, have a read of them and share what you think is appropriate with India and Gabi. Actually, you could do a talk each week as the lesson for FHE. There you go, I did my turn for family home evening for the next 10 weeks.
  
We got the thank you paper at the sisters specialized training to write a thank you to a woman who had been a good example to us in our lives. So I thought of you. Sure, I’m surrounded by good examples in my friends but you were a good example in bringing me up and teaching me. The others continue to expound that.

I’m glad Dad got his certificate. I know dad deserves it and dad loves giving his all in work but it is also nice to receive recognition and I know sometimes others don't always show dad that, but heavenly father sees what we do! And he's thankful!

Go ahead and laugh at the cat attack. I did. I’ve only got a few small scars but one is a little infected. It’s slowly healing and NO I will not go to the doctors to get it checked out. Prayer and ointment is all I need.

We have been putting in a lot of hard work in our area but to be honest, we don't have a lot of investigators. That means we have to put even more work in. It's not about the numbers, but we do need to make sure we are finding as we teach so we don't run out of people!

I may be a good teacher in some things but I am still an amateur when it comes to teaching the gospel and with the spirit. And i've noticed I really need to improve on being humble and thinking before I speak. Sometimes I say things which come out the wrong way :/

At the moment, I would not like to live in WA. Yes, I could fall in love with my next area but I miss Sydney. Here THERE'S TOO MUCH FLIIPIN SAND AND NOT ENOUGH WATER. Plus, because it's so flat here, the sun blinds you all the time especially when the sun is setting. I’m going to have damaged eyes more than when I came out.

The sisters in WA stay relatively close to the suburban areas. I think the furthest is like 2 or 3 hours away. Which sounds far, but when you think that in comparison, the furthest you can get sent is to Broome which is a airplane ride for your transfer, it's not that far. We have transfer calls next Monday so I wonder where I’ll go? They usually keep one sister and send the other away, usually keeping the newest sister in the area so Sister Mohring thinks I’ll stay but I reckon I’ll go because I can't drive and Ellenbrook has a car. True they could send a driving sister to be my companion but I don't think that will happen.

Thanks for not taking my money out. I might need it for an emergency like if I need my bike fixed or something.

We had Chris' baptism on Saturday morning at 10am then had Emma-lee and Teahurei's baptism at 5pm. It was a very spiritually uplifting day. I marveled when Emma-lee bore her testimony and said:
"I know god lives. I know Jesus lives. I know because I have felt it."

Emma-lee comes from a non-religious background and from a very different lifestyle. To change so much, and to be able to say that, I marvel at God's power and the Spirit.

Maddy says she emailed you the other night about them coming to Sydney. I know you guys will have fun with them, they're sense of humour is very similar. They are planning to get sealed in the Perth temple 1 year from Chris' baptism, I’ll still be on my mission so I’ll hopefully be allowed to go to their sealing!

Sister Stoker said there's a guy in her ward who got his mission call to Perth and was coming out sometime this year right? Who was it again?

Your birthday is coming up. So to celebrate your birthday, I’m allowed to call you! Not really, it's actually for mother's day but coincidentally it's close to your birthday. So I’m warning you now so you will be ready for when I call. I’ve only heard from Sister Mohring what she did with her family from Christmas so I have to check details with leaders but what Sister Mohring told me is that we are allowed to use skype if a member let's us use their computer otherwise we have to buy a phone card and use that to make our call. So I know there is a couple in our ward who has skype so I’ll ask them if I can use it. And then we have to organise the time I will call so you will actually be home and answer the phone. And we're 2 hours ahead of Sydney I’m pretty sure so we've got to make sure we don't muck it up ha-ha.

I’ll be going now. We’re over time on the computers (again) and I want to send your email before I type my president's email in case it crashes again.

Love Sister Parsons

No comments: